Going back the 19th century the Liedekerke-De Beaufort family left their previous home, the Castle of Vêves, a construction dating from the 14th century and were looking for a new construction. That was pretty old right?! However they found the right guy to handle the new project.
Edward Milner, an English architect was assigned to build their new home. He planned and designed the whole thing in 1866.© Photo Credits: reddit.com/r/evilbuildings
Edward Milner, an English architect was assigned to build their new home. He planned and designed the whole thing in 1866. The construction itself was made of stone, had four floors, a huge entrance gate and 56-metre high Clock Tower. It was a majestic living space! The Château was completed in 1907 after the clock tower was finished but unfortunately Sir Edward died before he could see his best work completed.
The descendants living there remained in occupation until WWII started.
A small group known as the Ardennes Counteroffensive stayed in there for some time in a campaign to counterstrike the German forces. However it was at this time that the Germans took over the castle for some time.
In 1950 the property was renamed to Château de Noisy after it was occupied by the National Railway Company of Belgium.© Photo Credits: davidbakerphotography.com
In 1950 the property was renamed to Château de Noisy after it was occupied by the National Railway Company of Belgium. During that time it was used as an orphanage and holiday house for sickly children, but that was until 1970. From that time the place has been abandoned and left empty. Nobody wanted to invest for restoration and that’s pretty much it, a vandalism target and burned down from fire…
But hey! Many urban explorers loved this place and a bunch of movie scenes were shot in there so maybe it wasn’t that lonely after all….